At the largest structural unit of Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University, in the Institute of Physical, technical and computer sciences, alumni and students majoring in “Optical technics” and “Telecommunications” had a meeting (a lecture, a seminar and a workshop) with professor Ihor Mehlinskyi from the University of .Oulu, Finland.
During his presentation, professor Ihor Mehlinskyi outlined the main areas of business activities in the field of start-ups and implementation of projects in the following areas:
1. The use of laser devices in the diagnostics of skin cancer.
2. Laser diagnostics of cardiovascular system.
3. Polarymetry structure of biological tissues.
After the discussion and debate the main directions of international cooperation of alumni, bachelor and master students of the Institute of Physical, technical and computer sciences using the possibilities of Oulu University were outlined.
1. Preparation for the signing of a memorandum of cooperation between Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University and the University of Oulu, involving BUKEANA association.
2. Sending students and alumni to training and research programs of the University of Oulu.
3. Preparation of joint grant proposals to various international funds that will serve as a basis for creating of startup firms by the alumni of Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University.